In this privacy notice, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ mean Maya Aesthetics.
By using this website (https://www.mayaaesthetics.com/), you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. These terms affect your legal rights, responsibilities and liabilities, so please read these terms carefully and ensure that you understand them. If you do not agree to any of the terms given below, please cease your use of this website immediately.
Maya Aesthetics commit to protecting all personal information given to us by clients and customers. This is done in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. We will only use your information within the permissions you give us, and the boundaries set out in our policy. We will never use your information for any other purposes or share it with any third parties.
We endeavour to ensure that all data is:
- Securely held
- Accurate at all times
- Processed for limited purposes
- Not kept longer than necessary
- Relevant and comprehensive without being excessive
- Lawfully processed, in accordance with the subject’s rights
- Not transferred to non-EEA countries without sufficient protection
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information from you and from third parties (anyone acting on your behalf). Please see below for more information. Where you provide us with information about other people, you must make sure that they have seen a copy of this privacy notice and are comfortable with you giving us their information. We collect personal information from you:
- through your contact with us, including by phone (we may record or monitor phone calls to make sure we are keeping to legal rules, codes of practice and internal policies, and for quality assurance purposes), by email, through our websites, through our apps, by post, by filling in application or other forms, by entering competitions, through social media or face-to-face (for example, in medical consultations, diagnosis and treatment).
What kind of data do we collect?
We only collect data relevant to the service that Maya Aesthetics provide. Standard personal information includes:
- contact information, such as your name, username, address, email address and phone numbers;
- the country you live in, your age, your date of birth;
- details of any contact we have had with you, such as any complaints or incidents;
- financial details, such as details about your payments and your bank details;
the results of any credit or any anti-fraud checks we have made on you;
- information about how you use our products and services; and
We will also require payment details if you are booking a treatment online. This data is collected through the Maya Aesthetics website and is disclosed only at your discretion.
How do we use this data?
We keep your personal information in line with set periods calculated using the following criteria.
- How long you have been a customer with us, the types of products or services you have with us, and when you will stop being our customer.
- How long it is reasonable to keep records to show we have met the obligations we have to you and by law.
- Any periods for keeping information which are set by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations.
- Any relevant proceedings that apply.
The data will then be archived or destroyed unless we need to retain it for legal, accounting, regulatory, or auditory requirements or to protect the company’s interests.
We will never sell, trade, or loan your personal information to another party. If we are ever required to do so, we will always obtain your permission in writing before proceeding.
If you would like more information about how long we will keep your information for, please contact us at email@example.com.
Marketing and preferences
We may use your personal information to send you marketing by post, by phone, through social media, by email and by text. We can only use your personal information to send you marketing material if we have your permission or a legitimate interest as described above. If you don’t want to receive emails from us, you can click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link that appears in all emails we send.
If you don’t want to receive texts from us you can tell us by contacting us at any time. Otherwise, you can always contact us to update your contact preferences. You have the right to object to direct marketing and profiling (the automated processing of your information to help us evaluate certain things about you, for example, your personal preferences and your interests) relating to direct marketing. Please see the section about your rights for more details.
You have the right to access your information and to ask us to correct any mistakes and delete and restrict the use of your information. You also have the right to object to us using your information, to ask us to transfer information you have provided, to withdraw permission you have given us to use your information and to ask us not to use automated decision-making which will affect you. For more information, see below.
- Right of access: you have the right to make a request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information
- Right to rectification: you have the right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): you have the right to have certain personal information about you deleted from our records
- Right to restriction of processing: you have the right to ask us to use your personal information for restricted purposes only
- Right to object: you have the right to object to us processing (including profiling) your personal information in cases where our processing is based on a task carried out in the public interest or where we have let you know it is necessary to process your information for our or a third party’s legitimate interests. You can object to us using your information for direct marketing and profiling purposes in relation to direct marketing.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to ask us to transfer the personal information you have given us to you or to someone else in a format that can be read by computer.
- Right to withdraw consent: you have the right to withdraw any permission you have given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your permission, this will not affect the lawfulness of how we used your personal information before you withdrew permission, and we will let you know if we will no longer be able to provide you with your chosen product or service.
- Right in relation to automated decisions: you have the right not to have a decision which produces legal effects which concern you or which have a significant effect on you based only on automated processing, unless this is necessary for entering into a contract with you, it is authorised by law or you have given your permission for this. We will let you know if we make automated decisions, our legal reasons for doing this and the rights you have.
By using the Maya Aesthetics website, you agree to the following terms and conditions of use:
- You use this website at your own risk. Maya Aesthetics will not be held responsible for any issues that arise, directly or indirectly, from the use of our website.
- No information within the Maya Aesthetics website shall constitute a contract with any user. All information is for reference only and may be changed at any time without notice.
- Maya Aesthetics shall not be liable for any losses or damages arising from the use of information on this website. Use at your own risk.
- We may link to other websites that we deem helpful or relevant. We are not responsible for the content of these third-party websites and shall not be held liable for any issues that occur on linked sites.
- We do not take any responsibility for data loss or damage to software or computer systems due to downloading material from the Maya Aesthetics website. This term applies even if we have been advised that such damage may occur.
These terms apply regardless of the device used to access the Maya Aesthetics website. Maya Aesthetics reserve the right to alter these terms at any time, without warning, as we see fit.